Verdicts & Settlements
- Slip & Fall: BW Law Group obtained a $700,000 settlement for a 92-year-old woman who slipped and fell in a medical office building on an unsafe floor mat. The woman suffered a broken hip, requiring surgery, and related heart issues.
- Auto Accident of Minor: BW Law Group obtained a pre-litigation policy limits settlement for a seven-year-old boy who was struck by a car while crossing the street. The child suffered a severe injury to his foot, requiring major medical treatment, including surgery.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage Action: BW Law Group successfully obtained uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage for an insured who was initially denied coverage. A major auto insurance company in California denied uninsured motorist bodily injury benefits. After the insurance company filed a declaratory relief action asserting that there was no coverage, BW Law Group filed suit for the insured against the insurance company for breach of contract and bad faith, eventually leading to a settlement where BW’s client received full benefits for his bodily injury claims.
- Unlawful Medical Leave Policy: BW Law Group obtained class certification for an alleged unlawful medical leave policy of automatically terminating employees upon the expiration of 12 weeks of non-workers’ compensation medical leave when additional time was needed due to a continuing personal medical condition (i.e., disability). After the class was certified, BW Law Group obtained a class settlement of $260,000.
- Class Action Claims for Unpaid Overtime, Failure to Provide Meal/Rest Periods and Paystub Violations:
- BW Law Group successfully litigated two class action lawsuits for truck drivers against their employers for failing to pay for overtime and to provide meal and rest periods. The class actions settled for a total of $2.95 Million
- BW Law Group successfully litigated a class action lawsuit against a Central California manufacturing company. The class action settled for $925,000.
- BW Law Group successfully litigated a class action lawsuit against a corporation on behalf of its administrative and clerical employees for failure to provide for meal and rest periods, and paystub violations. The class action settled for $700,000.
BW Law Group has successfully represented numerous individuals in their employment claims, including wrongful termination and discrimination claims, obtaining substantial confidential settlements.